Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Santa, take me away

I've gone from staying up at night, listening for sleigh bells on the roof, Santa sliding down the chimney, and packages being placed under the tree... to staying up at night, and counting down the days until Santa FLIES ME ON OUTTA HERE!

WooHOO! I want to be on the beach, sand between my toes, laughing with my family, running with salt in my hair, sun on my skin, swimming in the sea, watching the sun set over the ocean.

To my Southern friends who long for a white Christmas (btw, this morning on the news I learned the last white Christmas in G'ville, SC was in 1963... keep dreaming): I've had many, many, many SUPER deep, windy, frigid, painfully WHITE Christmases... been there, done that.

I'd rather have a White Sand Christmas. Nope, I don't miss the snow, holiday lights, angry shoppers, Santa decorations, carolers, yule tide (huh?), or evergreen trees. Here's why: Christmas, to me, is about being with family. And it's best to be with family when you're all in a good mood. And when we're on the beach, we're all in a goooooood mood.

Here are some pics of our Christmas destination

2 comments:

Sally said...

I can't wait to see you. Love Christmas, love family and most of all I love you. Mom

BreeWee said...

Mele Kalikimaka Ashley! Have fun and remember to make "sand angels"! They are so much warmer...