I can't thank you all enough:
- Kat & Nicole for our recovery party... even though 'Superbad' made me laugh so hard it sent shooting pains through my chest. (I didn't get the pink tee memo)
- Gail & Rick for the gift bag. And for the killer group workouts (stationary bike and long walks)
- Gman & Janis for taking me out for pizza! And baking cookies.
- Mendy, David & Grace for the surprise visit... including M&M's and balloons (sponge Bob and 'Way To Go')
- Matt for delivering calcium pills, and lunch at Chicora!
- Russell and Kenneth... both for stopping by and making me smile
- Mike for sending great reading material
- Kate for coming over just for a walk
- Jen, Kat, Marit, Andrew, Nicole, Lindsay, Kimberley, Bea -- all for calling to check in!
- John for asking ?'s which keep me focused on why I love racing/training
- Thank you EVERYONE for the comments, emails, text messages, emails. Each has brought a huge smile to my face.
My last visit to the doctor wasn't great... bones aren't healing very fast or straight. Will continue to sport this sling for 2 more weeks. Might be raising my arm in 5 or 6. Ugh, enough of that talk.
My time is spent simply doing things... you'd think that with only one arm, you'd take twice as long to do something - HA, not the case. In fact, it takes four times as long. I have become clumsy and frustrated. The one handed typing is enough to drive anyone crazy!
I have made it back to the gym for time on the stationary bike (going from upright to recumbent and back). I also spend time walking - it gets me outside, moving, sweating (still getting in the 90's here). Unfortunately, walking w/ the sling pulls my back all out of whack & I don't know if its helping bone growth? Oh well - I'll go nuts cooped up inside!
Missing Nationals next weekend is a bummer. Jen had me ready - mentally and physically. Well JH, to you I send the energy I had stored up for that race ;) Use it for me! Good luck to everyone traveling to Portland!!
Instead of heading West - I'll go to a wedding in Charleston. My good friends Kate & Hans are getting married on Saturday. Congrats you guys... So happy I'll be there to share in you special day!
Also.... Big SHOUT OUT for the GEORGIA BULLDOGS!!!
Off to a Great Season. The South Carolina game was tough to watch (ugly plays and dropped passes had me in extra pain as I tensed up the arm), by my Dawgs found a way to pull out a Victory.