- After leading RunFest on my bike, I caught race fever and unofficially ran a 1/2 marathon a week later in Raleigh, NC. I actually felt great throughout the 13.1 and posted a better than expected time (you see, I'd set out to simply jog around the course... but, you know how it goes... put yourself on the start line 10 min after the gun goes off... you start to catch people... you're wearing a Garmin... and something takes over your mind/body... you get high on the race...) All in all, I remembered how to run. Ah.
- I ordered a new red/white Rudy Project helmet, which just came in the mail.
- I'm enjoying all the Seasonal Flavors: Pumpkin Spice Clif Bars, cranberry bread, chocolate/peppermint milkshakes @ Chick-fil-A. The list continues. Hello Thanksgiving!
- I registered for the Myrtle Beach 1/2 marathon (February 2009)
- I've swam a total of 300 yards in the last 3 months. Got in the pool ONCE... it was not pretty, nor did it feel good. Kat, are you reading this? HELP
- TEAM LONG was featured in the local Multisport Publication... GO! Magazine. To read the article, click HERE
(for an autographed copy with pictures... contact Doug Long, Team Manager)
- Right now, I'm off to dinner/movie with Dad. 007....wooHOO.
More updates soon.